mouseout triggering at wrong time

KidBrax

I have a menu that shows a div containing ULs whenever you mouseover
the respective menuitems. And when you mouseout of the appearing div
the div is hidden. Within the appearing div are one or more ULs. The
problem is when you mouseover a ul within the appearing div, it
triggers a mouseout and the div disappears. this happens when I ams
till within the div buyt mouseover any element in the div. Is this
normal behavior? Is the mouseout event triggered even when you
mouseover something that is contained within that div adn docn't
actually leave the borders of the div?

Randy Webb

KidBrax said the following on 12/21/2006 1:36 PM:
I have a menu that shows a div containing ULs whenever you mouseover
the respective menuitems. And when you mouseout of the appearing div
the div is hidden. Within the appearing div are one or more ULs. The
problem is when you mouseover a ul within the appearing div, it
triggers a mouseout and the div disappears. this happens when I ams
till within the div buyt mouseover any element in the div. Is this
normal behavior? Is the mouseout event triggered even when you
mouseover something that is contained within that div adn docn't
actually leave the borders of the div?

Yes. Have the onmouseover for the inner elements trigger the same
function that shows the div:

<UL onmouseover = "showDiv();showUL()">

or similar. Change the function names to what you are using.