Moving ruby to production

Manu Singhal

Hello group,

I want to set my production server to be able to run ruby based application. Is there some way, I can migrate ruby installation(the ruby environment) from other server (since installing through a installer won't be feasible as per the policies).
Like migrating the ruby folder and setting the environments variable, and other registry entries if they are done at all.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, since facing this requirement for first time.

Thanks,
Manu

Robert Klemme

I want to set my production server to be able to run ruby based
application. Is there some way, I can migrate ruby installation(the
ruby environment) from other server (since installing through a
installer won't be feasible as per the policies). Like migrating the
ruby folder and setting the environments variable, and other registry
entries if they are done at all.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, since facing this requirement
for first time.

I don't think this will work unless you install it into the exact same
path as the source. Can't you install from source in your home
directory or via rvm?

Kind regards

robert