MS SQL database access

Guest

Hi,

I am learning how to access MS SQL database from ASP.NET and I run into 2
problems:

1/
When a user from asp page is connected to database, I can not connect to the
database from windows management console. My database was created as local.
Could be this be a problem?

Is it preferable to create database as the system db?

2/
IIS is set up to anonymous access and basic authentication. In my web config
I set up impersonate to true, so the user IUSER_username should be connected
to the database. Is this solution secure enough or should I allowe another
type of access?

3/
I was playing with the impersonate attribute and wanted to observe what’s
going on.
When I turned it OFF, the user ASPNET wanted to access the db and it was not
allowed. Then I turned it ON again, but still I get error message the access
was denied to the user ASPNET. After turning “impersonate†to true, the user
IUSER should be accessing the db. Is there any type of caching during the
development?

4/
What file I/O rights should be set up to the database mdf and ldf file?

5/
As I am using my own database, not ASPNET.mdb I wanted to remove the default
reference to it in config file (<remove …./>)
When I did it in the wwwrooot\MySite folder, I get error message. When I did
it in the APP_DATA folder where database is located, I didn’t get any error.
Why did I get the error in the first case?

Thank you for help,

Lubomir