MS SQL Functions on OSX??

gmark

I've been looking for a way to access MS SQL DB from OSX. I've seen a
couple
attempts at generating the mssql.so file for running under Apache, but
so far I
haven't seen anyone succeed. One recent abortive attempt ended in a
compile
error that I haven't seen anyone solve.

Bottom line: Has ANYONE been able to access an MS SQL database from
OSX?

I don't mean via a windows emulator, parallels, vmware, virtual box,
etc., or
via a manager like Oracle DB -- I mean being able to access it via
mssql primitives.

Finally, I don't even know what you call that. "Client"? It'd be
nice if I could even
state what I need succinctly.

Thanks!

QoS

gmark said:
I've been looking for a way to access MS SQL DB from OSX. I've seen a
couple
attempts at generating the mssql.so file for running under Apache, but
so far I
haven't seen anyone succeed. One recent abortive attempt ended in a
compile
error that I haven't seen anyone solve.

Try these links (and / or search for info on these tools):
http://www.freetds.org/
http://www.unixodbc.org/
http://support.apple.com/downloads/ODBC_Administrator_Tool_for_Mac_OS_X
Finally, I don't even know what you call that. "Client"? It'd be
nice if I could even state what I need succinctly.

odbc driver.

Hth,

Michael Vilain

QoS <[email protected]> said:

Running an ODBC driver allows for connecting to a REMOTE instance of MS
SQL.How will this help the OP build and run MS SQL on MacOS X? AFAIK,
that can't happen as MS SQL won't run on MacOS X. Period. Best they
can do is run it in Fusion/Parallels under a Windows container. Don't
know if MacOS X would be able to connect to that virtual machine,
however.