MSN Live messenger obligatory upgrade from msn messenger

Guest

Since being forced to upgrade to windows live messenger 8.1, I have been
unable at times to access my inbox from either the message alert pop up
window, the file menu or the windows live screen. I get the message "There
was an error during sign-in, please try again" I have win XP sp2 OS on my
Acer laptop and I disabled all firewalls before installing. Also, when I try
to access my billing info, I have only choices to select from
"backgrounds,dynamic display pictures, emoticons, phone calls and winks"
under either the "Help" button on the taskbar or under the "Tools" button on
the taskbar in the Windows Live Messenger Screen. My question is this: will
you be providing automatic updates to remedy these issues, or do I have to
try to find the website which will repair these errors?
RGTucson