.mspx extension

Guest

hi,

i just wanted to know, what is the difference between a .aspx and a .mspx
file? i cant create .mspx files in VWD express. is that important?

Juan T. Llibre

You can create any extensions you want, in ASP.NET 2.0,
and have them processed by the ASP.NET engine just as if
they were files with the aspx extension.

All you need to do is edit your web.config file to include this :

<compilation>
<buildProviders>
<add extension=".mspx" type="System.Web.Compilation.PageBuildProvider" />
</buildProviders>
</compilation>
<httpHandlers>
<add path="*.mspx" verb="*" type="System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory" />
</httpHandlers>

And , of course, add the .mspx file type in the "configuration" option
for the specific application in the Internet Service Manager.

You may want to uncheck the "Verify that file exists" option.

That's all I did to allow the mspx file extension at :

http://asp.net.do/test/version.mspx