Msxml2 problems

josepe

Greetings,
I use "Msxml2.XMLHTTP" in a asp page, to save changes of database in a html
file.
All worked well until I installed a new email server (ipswitch imail).

Now this object don't work remotly, fire the error:
///////////////////////////////
msxml3.dll error '80072efd'
A connection with the server could not be established
//////////////////////////////

I check the page in a local session in the server and works well, but
not in remote pc.

What is happening?

Thanks a lot!

Bob Barrows [MVP]

josepe said:
Greetings,
I use "Msxml2.XMLHTTP" in a asp page, to save changes of database in
a html file.
All worked well until I installed a new email server (ipswitch imail).

Now this object don't work remotly, fire the error:
///////////////////////////////
msxml3.dll error '80072efd'
A connection with the server could not be established
//////////////////////////////

I check the page in a local session in the server and works well, but
not in remote pc.

What is happening?

Thanks a lot!
Are you using this object in server-side code? If so, you should switch to
using the ServerXMLHTTP object:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q290761

If switching results in the sane symptom, I suspect that ipswitch's
installation either closed the port used by WinHTTP, or you may need to use
a proxy as suggested in the KB FAQ article.

HTH,
Bob Barrows