Multi-line datagrid

marti

I'd like to have most of my fields on one row of the datagrid, like it
is by default, but put one of the fields (a long description field) on
a next line, spanning the columns above it. Like two datagrid rows per
record. Is there some html I can put in the ItemDataBound event or
something to do this? Thanks!

jeff martin

Thanks Ken, that is a really great grid, that I'm sure we'll use in the
future. However, I was hoping there was a easier way to just add a
second row to the grid. Mr Bauer's seems to require a seperate 'child'
table in a relationship. I don't want to break up the existing table in
this case, just add an extra grid row for each record from one data
table.
I'm thinking like make it a template column, the last in the row,
and manually add <br> tags in front or something.

Iams

A template column should do what you want; in the sample the third field
will begin under the first:
<asp:TemplateColumn>
<ItemTemplate>
</asp:Label><br><br>
<asp:Label ID="Label4" runat="server" Width=120 Text='91234567890'
</asp:Label>
</ItemTemplate>
</asp:TemplateColumn>