Multiple java applet with firefox

Roedy Green

It's because the <object> tag uses the jpi-version=1.5.0_11, which stipulates
the exact version of the JRE that is required. As I understand it the 1.6
plugin would support a tag of version=1.5, but not jpi-version=1.5.0_11.

Reading that, you can have 1.5.0_11, 1.5 or 1.5+

However I ignore the OBJECT and EMBED tags for the same reason I
refuse to eat dog feces, no matter how hungry I am.
--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
http://mindprod.com

"The industrial civilisation is based on the consumption of energy resources that are inherently limited in quantity, and that are about to become scarce. When they do, competition for what remains will trigger dramatic economic and geopolitical events; in the end, it may be impossible for even a single nation to sustain industrialism as we have know it in the twentieth century."
~ Richard Heinberg, The Party’s Over: Oil, War, and the Fate of Industrial Societies

Arne Vajhøj

Roedy said:
However I ignore the OBJECT and EMBED tags for the same reason I
refuse to eat dog feces, no matter how hungry I am.

OBJECT is recommended over APPLET by W3C.

(APPLET is not even valid in 4.01 Strict)

Arne

Joshua Cranmer

Arne said:
OBJECT is recommended over APPLET by W3C.

(APPLET is not even valid in 4.01 Strict)

Yet most people use applet in practice because <object> means slightly
different things to IE and the rest of the world.

Arne Vajhøj

Joshua said:
Yet most people use applet in practice because <object> means slightly
different things to IE and the rest of the world.

I use APPLET myself (and transitional).

But the point was that OBJECT is not dog poo.

Arne

Nigel Wade

Roedy said:
Reading that, you can have 1.5.0_11, 1.5 or 1.5+

No, you can only have JRE version 1.5.0_11. That's what jpi-version means and
that's what I wrote. I don't see how you come to that conclusion.