Multiple parameters in ASP control Databinding

Databound up

I have a datalist control that I am binding to a custom class. The class
returns a list for the select statement, provides an update, delete, and
insert procedure too. Initially these procedures only took one parameters,
the class I was binding the list to. Recently I added another parameter to
the procedures which I mapped to a drop down on the webpage. Now then I try
to bind to the insert method, I get an error that the datasource could not
find a non-generic method insert that takes only the class parameter I was
initially using. This is true, a non-generic method doesn't exist. I only
have one that takes two parameters now and the other parameter is mapped to
the drop down list. Why isn't the call including this parameter?