my sql connectivity

focode

i have downloaded "mysql-connector-java-5.1.6.tar" and the related
connecter for java and set the class path , my programa compiled well
but it reported error class not found exception then preceded
by ...................

"java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)"

i want to learn the connectivity with mysql , can any one suggest a
simple tutorial

thanks

Leonard Milcin

focode said:
i have downloaded "mysql-connector-java-5.1.6.tar" and the related
connecter for java and set the class path , my programa compiled well
but it reported error class not found exception then preceded

"java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)"

i want to learn the connectivity with mysql , can any one suggest a
simple tutorial

thanks

You don't have the *jar* file in the classpath. Your program will compile
well without the driver because it's loaded by name.

Best regards,
Leonard