MySQLdb Problem

John Smith

Hi;
Since there is no list for MySQLdb, I'm hoping you can help me. I have installed, de-installed and reinstalled this s/w and MySQL itself on my Win8 box. However, when I go to use it from a script, I get the following error:

"C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\MySQLdb\__init.py__", line 27 in <module>
import _mysql

ImportError: DLL load failed: %1 is not valid Win32 application.

Well, I'm running Win8 which is 64-bit, but I'm pretty sure it runs 32 as well, right? Python 27, MySQL 5.5.
TIA,
John