Nate Eldredge: DJGPP and RHIDE

Ruud

Hallo Nate,

I had another like at the DJGPP site and, although the survey was
still there, I could access the rest of the pages as well. I installed
DJGPP and RHIDE as good as I could but things don't work
unfortunately.
I downloaded DJGPP and RHIDE and ran INSTALL.EXE. This file produced
LDINSTDJ.EXE. On its turn this file asked me some questions about the
source and destination directory, if it could change AUTOEXEC.BAT etc.
I know it created the destination directory and created AUTOEXEC.LBI
but that was all; the directory itself was empty. So I unzipped all
the ZIP files I thought I needed by hand.
Refusing the sugested changes in AUTOEXEC.BAT, I created a BAT that
sets the needed variables and started RHIDE. RHIDE seems to need
another variable, DJDIR, which isn't mentioned in any doc I read so
far. I let it point to the destination directory (and later to the
BIN) and now RHIDE startud up without any complaint. I loaded T.CPP,
tried to compile it and.... RHIDE told me it had no idea how to
compile it.

Have you, or anyone else, an idea what I should do? TIA!

--
___
/ __|__

George

You seem to think that this is Nate's private email, it is not.

Questions about setting up specific tool sets on specific platforms
are not defined by the language, and are 100% off-topic here.

Ask this question in the platform-specific newsgroup,

You over-estimate the OT-ness of persons who might produce a correct
Hamming code.

How might djgpp improve your sloppiness?
--
George

I believe the most solemn duty of the American president is to protect the
American people. If America shows uncertainty and weakness in this decade,
the world will drift toward tragedy. This will not happen on my watch.
George W. Bush

Ruud

Hallo Jack,

Ask this question in the platform-specific newsgroup,

Thank you for this tip!

--
___
/ __|__