Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I need some advice
(I'm new to c++ so bear with me =^_^=)

I'm trying to write a program. In the program, the user is prompted to enter a filename

In the file, there are a bunch of names, phone number and addresses in the following format:

First name Last name Phone number
Address
First name Last name Phone number
Address
etc

After the user enters the filename, they have to enter the first name and the last name.

I've gotten to this point without a problem, but I have no idea how to use the find function (or if you even can. I keep getting error messages when I compile) to find the location of the name in the file.

Any tips or advice?