Need database help / advice

Reaction score
Hello, My adult son & I have started a small business. We dye wool yarns for knitters and other fiber workers by hand. This involves keeping track of the quantity of the commercial dyes we use to make one of our custom colors. It also involves keeping track of the quantity of those custom colors that are used in one of the variegated color yarns we make.

Several weeks ago, for the second time, I saw that our data was getting away from us, and needed to be organized into a db. I made an attempt to do this with OpenOffice by myself, but quickly realized how little I know as compared to what I needed to know to do any justice to the db.

We got a good deal of help from one gentleman, and much of the design work is done, and I entered a fair amount of data. However, his job was just ramped up, and he doesn't have the time anymore to continue. The idea was to get the db working in OOo, then connect to a MySQL db somehow. That work has not been started yet.

Currently, I'm a bit stuck, and am not finding solutions to a couple of issues, so the db is not able to be used as intended yet. Would someone be interested in helping to get this running for us for a fee?

Reaction score
Hi, I understand you are talking about website. Or do you mean a kind of desktop application. If its a web site (I mean web application) and if its in asp.net I can help. if its php I cannot but according the structure of this web application I can re-write it. I don't use mysql because of some technical issues I dont like but I use msql. Again, I will be happy to help if you like.

Reaction score
Hi; Thanks for the response! I'm still stuck. Yes, I'm looking at a desktop application...either OpenOffice.org (OOo) Base, or Microsoft Access. I have partially completed databases in both. It's enough to illustrate the direction in which I'm headed, but not enough that either is functional. Do you have skills in either or both? If so, do you favor one over the other? Let's take this private to talk about details, fees, and so on.

Reaction score
Hi; Thanks for the response! I'm still stuck. Yes, I'm looking at a desktop application...either OpenOffice.org (OOo) Base, or Microsoft Access. I have partially completed databases in both. It's enough to illustrate the direction in which I'm headed, but not enough that either is functional. Do you have skills in either or both? If so, do you favor one over the other? Let's take this private to talk about details, fees, and so on.

Good day Dyers,

I saw your post at the beginning of the year when I first joined but life has been busy and chaotic as of late. Things are starting to calm down again and I was wondering if you are still looking for help. Not sure if you can close a thread you start here but since this one is still open and you did not say that you have received the help you needed, I thought I should check.

Reaction score
Hello, I would like to help you, As an MCA student I always take help from Databasehomeworkhelp to solve all my queries related to databases, they have highly qualified experts who always help me to complete all my homework whether it is for Oracle, UML, or SQL. if you need any help with the database or want to complete your database homework you can directly contact them at their given WhatsApp number +1 315-557-6473. hope you find this comment relevant for you, Have a great day!

Ask a Question