need help in adding xlrd file to the dictionary.

uma mahesh

Hello guys,

I am new to python scripting. I am trying to take data from excel sheet.

To do this I understand that xlrd need to add to the dictionary. I was unable to do this. I have downloaded the file and stuck there.

Please let me know how can I do this. tell me the procedure.

Regards
Mahesh

Steven D'Aprano

Hello guys,

I am new to python scripting. I am trying to take data from excel sheet.

To do this I understand that xlrd need to add to the dictionary. I was
unable to do this. I have downloaded the file and stuck there.

Please let me know how can I do this. tell me the procedure.

Are you using Linux? Macintosh? Unix? Windows?

Python 2 or Python 3? What version? Is that the only Python installation
on your system, or do you have others?

What file did you download? The .tar.gz file? The .zip file? The Windows
installer? Something else? Where did you download it from?

Where did you download it to? What did you do next? What have you tried,
and what happened when you tried?