Need web host recommendations

Monkeymoo

I've been out of the scene for a couple of years and need some suggestions
for a decent web host. It will need to hold a site that's maybe 10mb max.
Don't need anything fancy like CGI or anything, but it would be nice to have
4 or 5 email accounts with web based email, and be under $20 a month. The
cheaper the better though.

Any help is appreciated!

Eric Bohlman

I've been out of the scene for a couple of years and need some
suggestions for a decent web host. It will need to hold a site that's
maybe 10mb max. Don't need anything fancy like CGI or anything, but it
would be nice to have 4 or 5 email accounts with web based email, and
be under $20 a month. The cheaper the better though.

Any help is appreciated!

I've had good experiences with godaddy.com. Their $3.95/month ("Junior")
hosting plan sounds like it would meet your needs (if you do want CGI and
150MB, it's a whopping $8.95/month).

Monkeymoo

Thanks for the reply. How can they offer domain names for $8.95? Doesn't
the NIC charge $35 a year? How do they get around that?

Tina - AffordableHOST.com

Monkeymoo said:
Thanks for the reply. How can they offer domain names for $8.95? Doesn't
the NIC charge $35 a year? How do they get around that?

You should get out more. ;-)

Seriously, they haven't been the only player for a very long time. The
average price for a domain name now is about $10 a year.

--Tina

Jason Henning

I've been out of the scene for a couple of years and need some suggestions
for a decent web host. It will need to hold a site that's maybe 10mb max.
Don't need anything fancy like CGI or anything, but it would be nice to have
4 or 5 email accounts with web based email, and be under $20 a month. The
cheaper the better though.

EV1 (formerly RackShack) has $6.49 domain names:
http://www.ev1servers.net/english/index.asp

I use Host4Students. They're pretty good for $24/yr.
http://host4students.com/

Before you decide, check your potential host out at
http://www.webhostingtalk.com/
Maybe even start your host search there. I think you can post a
request with your requirements. Yours look reasonable, I'm sure you'd
get some hits. Request like, "Looking for free hosting with no
advertising for streaming porn and 10G of warez" don't go over well.

Cheers,
Jason Henning

Monkeymoo

Yeah, I haven't done a web site in about 2 years. Well that's incredible
news then. I should start domain squatting!

Jason Henning

Yeah, I haven't done a web site in about 2 years. Well that's incredible
news then. I should start domain squatting!

Too late, all the good ones are gone! Man, I remember when my name was
available, jason.com. I bet that sucker would bring $10,000 or better
now. Hindsight is 20/20...

Cheers,
Jason Henning