nested checkBoxLists

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by DJE2009, Jan 31, 2009.

  1. DJE2009

    DJE2009 Guest

    How does one nest checkboxlists?

    Foreach business, listed in a checkboxlist, I want to display another
    checkboxlist:

    ☑Business 1 ☑Physical ☑ Mailing ☑ Business ☑Records
    ☑Business 2 ☑Physical ☑ Mailing ☑ Business ☑Records
    ☑Business 3 ☑Physical ☑ Mailing ☑ Business ☑Records

    So business names are listed vertically in the first checkboxlist and the
    2nd checkboxlist is displayed horizontally. These are both bound
    checkboxlists.

    I've tried the following on the databound and databinding events:
    CheckBoxList list = new CheckBoxList();
    list.RepeatDirection = RepeatDirection.Horizontal;
    list.DataSource = (DataSet)Cache["AddressTypeId"];
    list.DataTextField = "Description";
    list.DataValueField = "ID";
    list.DataBind();
    tbl1.FindControl("PlaceHolder1").Controls.Add(list);

    This produces nothing on the screen but everything seems good in the debugger.

    Can anyone tell me the right way to do this?

    DJE2009, Jan 31, 2009