.net 1.1, using multiple textboxes and dropdown boxes

mavrick101

Hi,

I have a webform which has 4 panels.

Each panel would have about 20 textboxes and dropdown boxes. I have named
the controls like
Panel1:
_textboxP1T1;
_textboxP1T2;
similarly
_listP1L1;

so goes for other Panels, 2, 3 and 4.

On page submit, I get the values in those textboxes like this....

for (int i=1;i<=20;i++)
{

Textbox tempBox = (TextBox) Page.FindControl("_textboxP1T" +
i.ToString());
if (tempBox != null)

My question is, is it the only way? Is there a way similar to 'eval' in
Javascript?

so I can just grab the value of the text box like

eval("_textboxP1T" + i.ToString).Text....

Any one???

bruce barker

no. c# does not have the equivalent (only the new dynamic .net
languages, python, ruby and javascript have it). you could use the
codedom to generate the code at runtime but it would not be as clean as
your code. you could write a function to encapsulate the find and cast.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)