.net Custom Web Events

Ryan

Hello,

I am trying to create a custom web event to log password reset to the
SQL server. First, I started a new project and created a vb class
called MyWebEvents. I basically followed the instructions on the MSDN
and can give the code if that helps. Anyway, I compiled the code fine.
Next I opened up a new asp .net project. I made the following entries
in the web.config:

<healthMonitoring>
<providers>
<add connectionStringName="SQLConn" name="MyWebEventProvider"
MaxEventDetailsLength="1073741823" buffer="false"
bufferMode="Notification"
type="System.Web.Management.SqlWebEventProvider" eventname="All
Events"/>
</providers>
<rules>
<add name="My event" eventName="Password Change Event"
provider="MyWebEventProvider" minInterval="00:00:01"/>
</rules>
<eventMappings>
<add name="Password Change Event"
type="MyWebEvents.PasswordChangedEvent, MyWebEvents"/>
</eventMappings>
</healthMonitoring>

When I compile my website I get a message: Could not load file or
assembly MyWebEvents or one of its dependencies. The file could not be
found. (The assembly and namespace are both MyWebEvents and the line
points to the eventMappings section in the web.config file. Do I need
to register the dll that was created or move it into a specific
directory within my web project?

Thanks,
Ryan

Gaurav Vaish \(MasterGaurav\)

When I compile my website I get a message: Could not load file or
assembly MyWebEvents or one of its dependencies. The file could not be
found. (The assembly and namespace are both MyWebEvents and the line
points to the eventMappings section in the web.config file. Do I need
to register the dll that was created or move it into a specific
directory within my web project?

Yes. The 'Bin' folder.

--
Happy Hacking,
Gaurav Vaish | www.mastergaurav.com

Ryan

I don't see a bin folder in my .net 2.0 website. I created one, also
and App_Dev and App_Code. I put the dll in there but I still get the
same message?

John Saunders

Ryan said:
Hello,

I am trying to create a custom web event to log password reset to the
SQL server. First, I started a new project and created a vb class
called MyWebEvents. I basically followed the instructions on the MSDN
and can give the code if that helps. Anyway, I compiled the code fine.
Next I opened up a new asp .net project. I made the following entries
in the web.config:

Was this a web site, or a web application project?

John