.NET Membership - Domain Authorization doesn't work with roles

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by 00_DotNetWarrior, May 18, 2006.

  1. I am trying to setup a simple authenication to protect my application. I am
    using Windows authenicated (enabled in IIS) and I am running .NET 2.0

    If I am using users, it works:

    <authorization>
    <allow users="domain\alex" />
    <deny users="*" />
    <deny users="?" />
    </authorization>

    But if I am using roles, it doesn't work. It prompts me for the password and
    "alex" is an Authenticated Users

    <authorization>
    <allow roles="domain\Authenticated Users" />
    <deny users="*" />
    <deny users="?" />
    </authorization>

    I am using this in my web.config too:

    <authentication mode="Windows">
    </authentication>

    What did I do wrong and what have I missed? HELP please

    Zean

    00_DotNetWarrior, May 18, 2006

  2. You need to enable the WindowsTokenRoleProvider. Examples should be easily
    found on the net.

    Erik Funkenbusch, May 18, 2006