Net::SSH - shell service gone??

Jaroslaw Zabiello

Dnia 03-07-2009 o 14:52:09 Jaroslaw Zabiello
Where can I find shell service in Net:SSH?

It is described at http://net-ssh.rubyforge.org/ssh/v1/chapter-5.html#s3.

The problem is there is no methods "shell" anymore :(

p Net::SSH.start(host, user).shell # => NoMethodError: undefined method
‘shell’ for #<Net::SSH::Connection::Session:0x789538>

I found that this problem is in Net::SHH 2.x. Why shell service was
dropped? Is there any other way to use it in Net::SSH 2.x? I need to keep
context of shell commands. E.g. cd /blah and then ls -l should be in
/blah. I do not want to have one stupid and long command only. It is a big
limitation.