netbeans 3.5

Shawn McDermott

is anyone out there using netbeans 3.5? I am running it on a athlon
2400 with 512M ram and it is sooooo slooooowwwwww!!!! Any thoughts?

Shawn

Bob X

Shawn McDermott said:
is anyone out there using netbeans 3.5? I am running it on a athlon
2400 with 512M ram and it is sooooo slooooowwwwww!!!! Any thoughts?

Shawn
I am running a 800MHz Duron with 512 and it is rather zippy for me.

Bob X

Shawn McDermott said:
is anyone out there using netbeans 3.5? I am running it on a athlon
2400 with 512M ram and it is sooooo slooooowwwwww!!!! Any thoughts?

Shawn
I am running a 800MHz Duron with 512 and it is rather zippy for me.

Shawn McDermott

cool. BUT it is slow for me. I guess I should have included that I am
running on redhat 8. Can anyone give me any clues as to performance
tweaks? I have removed as many modules as I can (ones that I don't
use). That sped up the load time, but I still have to wait for mouse
clicks, scrol bars etc. It is a real pain to have to click on a line
and wait a couple of seconds just to see your cursor follow.

Any thoughts?
Shawn

Andy Fish

I have athlon 1400 with 512mb running windows 2000 (server!)

Performance is generally OK for editing - I certainly don't have to wait
before clicking to see the cursor move. It's much slower than visual
studio.net though. The slow bit for me is debugging - typically 1-2 seconds
for a single step.

Although you have plenty of RAM, make sure it's not all being used for
something else. On my machine sometimes SQL server decides to grab a few
hundred megs and then all my java apps just crawl.

Andy

Wong Chee Wee

I've been using Netbeans 3.5 in Redhat 8.0 on a pentium M 1.6 Ghz and it
runs fine. 256 Mb RAM. I also run netbeans 3.5 on windows XP. The difference
in speed on both OS is extremely slight. (dual OS system).

Try reinstalling or something. Go for an upgrade of RAM, it's probably worth
it. Update your RHL.

Regards,
Chee Wee

Wong Chee Wee

It is sometimes sad that reinstalling often does the trick.

Something is wrong with it.

dinesh

Im running Sun One Studio (which I've heard is built around netbeans, along
with SQL server and BEA weblogic), just under 1 GZ, 512 RAM. I was running
2000 Advanced Server and it takes GOBS of memory. I've noticed much better
speed running 2000 Professional.

Dinesh