Network is Busy Error

news.microsoft.com

Hi All,

Im running a ASP & Access DB application that im developing off my local
Windows 2000 Pro machine (i.e. not server)

Im starting to hit loads of "The Network is Busy" errors when i do a few DB
updates in succession. Does anyone know why it does this? I have a feeling
its cos MS has put some protection in Win2K Pro to stop people using it as a
server?

Any thoughts of how to stop it, since i need to to help me develop this
applications?

Thanks in advance,

Cheers

CM Barnett

solex

CM,

Are you 100 percent sure that you are are releasing your database resources
and do you have connection pooling enabled?

Dan

solex

In the control panel under administrative tools there is an applet for "Data
Sources (ODBC)" you will see a tab for connection pooling. Select the
access driver and double click then enable pooling by selecting "Pool
Connection to this driver"

BTW, is that really the only code you are using to access your DB? In
general make sure you are completing all transactions, closing and setting
to nothing all recordset, connections and commands.

Dan