    scary! lol

    Is there an official place to register, that isn't a commerical site?

    CM

    pecan, May 28, 2006

  2. pecan

    cookemx Guest

    Did you try yahoo domains ...?

    cookemx, May 30, 2006

  3. pecan

    Des Guest

    Des, May 30, 2006
  4. No there isn't just one official place to register. The .info TLD is
    handled by Afilias, which only accepts domain registrations through an
    authorized registrar:
    http://www.afilias.info/register/find/

    Personally, I've never had a problem using GoDaddy, and the renewal
    price is the same as the registration page, as listed on their website.

    Currently, the price for .info at GoDaddy runs at $5.95 + the ICANN fee
    of $.25, making a total of $6.20 per year (USD).

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Kim_Andr=E9_Aker=F8?=, May 30, 2006
  5. pecan

    pecan Guest

    Thanks... that's what I went with, in the end. There was something
    wrong with my newsreader - it didn't pick up any messages, including my
    own post to this thread, so I finally used GoDaddy. I didn't see where
    it said what future rates would be (renewal) so I was a bit nervous
    about being held hostage in future years, so what you've said here
    reassures me.

    CM

    pecan, May 31, 2006
  6. No problem at all. In fact, I've been a customer with GoDaddy for about
    5 years now, and I currently have 99 domains in my account with them
    (not 100, as I previously thought). The only two times I can recall
    having the need to contact customer support, was when I lost my account
    ID and password, and when I needed to find out how to set glue records
    for DNS (ie. registering my DNS servers). Even then, I got a response
    within 24 hours.

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Kim_Andr=E9_Aker=F8?=, Jun 1, 2006