New event for Web-form textbox - Please help

almurph

Hi everyone,

Is it possible to make a new events for a Web-form textbox. What I
mean to ask is that I want an event to fire everytime a user enters a
letter into a Web-form textbox.
The only events that I see textbox has are:

1. DataBinding
2. Disposed
3. Init
4. Load
5. PreRender
6. TextChanged
7. Unload

TextChanges is close but has to wait for the user to hit return. Is
it possible to create a new special event for textbox that fires as
soon as a person types something into it??

Any help much appreciated,
Thanks,
Al.

senfo

Hi everyone,

Is it possible to make a new events for a Web-form textbox. What I
mean to ask is that I want an event to fire everytime a user enters a
letter into a Web-form textbox.
The only events that I see textbox has are:

1. DataBinding
2. Disposed
3. Init
4. Load
5. PreRender
6. TextChanged
7. Unload

TextChanges is close but has to wait for the user to hit return. Is
it possible to create a new special event for textbox that fires as
soon as a person types something into it??

Do you care whether or not the results are handled on the server versus
the client? If you can process the request on the client, the onchange
JavaScript event is your friend
(http://www.w3schools.com/jsref/jsref_onchange.asp). If server-side
processing is required, you'll need to use AJAX.

Hope that helps,