new in web service

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by jazzydance, Feb 6, 2010.

  1. jazzydance

    jazzydance Guest

    I am basically new to setting up recent web services.

    I am wondering what are good links to look at to see what are the options
    in web services.

    Basically my questions are the following:

    1. Is call a web service a single thread calling at a time? Can several
    threads call a web service at one time? If so, is the prefered language to
    use is F#.NET since this language has alot of threading logic builit behind
    the language?

    2. When calling a webservice, can you call the web service with "blocks'
    of message to be processed at one time? Basically instead of sending one
    message at a time, can you send "groups" of message at a time to be
    processed? This would be groups of like 100 to 500 messages at one time? If
    so, can you point me to a url that would explain this in more detail?

    3. Are there other options that can be utilized in a web service? If so,
    can you tell me what these options are?

    Note: The little bit of web service experience I have is having a classic
    asp page call a vb.net version 1 webservice in the DXZ. The web service in
    the DMZ would then call another web service to obtain validated addresses.

    Thanks!

    jazzydance, Feb 6, 2010

  2. jazzydance

    Mr. Arnold Guest