New Joinee:-)

DineshKumar

Hi Groups,

I am Dinesh new member to this group.I had read c++ once in my
school due to completion:),but now really interested to learn c+
+.Hope i will get good support from all your guys...

Kindly tell me which IDE would be better to start,links related to c++
apps,where ,how it is utilized effectively...

(my english wont be proper im learning that too:))...

Warm Regards,
DineshKumar.T

santosh

DineshKumar said:
Hi Groups,

This is *not* Google Groups, despite the fact that it seems so to you.
You have actually posted to a Usenet group. See:

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet>

If possible, use a dedicated Usenet server and newsreader.
I am Dinesh new member to this group.I had read c++ once in my
school due to completion:),but now really interested to learn c+
+.Hope i will get good support from all your guys...

To discuss C++ use the group <or
Kindly tell me which IDE would be better to start,links related to c++
apps,where ,how it is utilized effectively...

I use Vim,

<http://www.vim.org/>

but I don't think you'd call it an IDE. If an IDE comes with your chosen
compiler, then that may often be the best choice, otherwise I like
Eclipse, which supports a number of compilers, languages and platforms.

<http://www.eclipse.org/>

<snip>

Antoninus Twink

I am Dinesh new member to this group.I had read c++ once in my
school due to completion:),but now really interested to learn c+
+.Hope i will get good support from all your guys...

Unfortunately, you won't get good support from all the guys here. This
group has a number of extremely unfriendly contributors, who (I predict)
will heap coals on your head rather than give you any help.

But don't be put off - there are also some good-natured folks here
who'll do their best to help.
Kindly tell me which IDE would be better to start,links related to c++
apps,where ,how it is utilized effectively...

I believe http://home.no.net/dubjai/win32cpptut/html/ is supposed to be
a good introduction to C++, geared towards setting up IDEs on Windows.

Generally, it's good to use Google to find general introductory
material, and ask back here when you have specific questions, or
specific points in what you read that you don't follow.

Keith Thompson

DineshKumar said:
I am Dinesh new member to this group.I had read c++ once in my
school due to completion:),but now really interested to learn c+
+.Hope i will get good support from all your guys...

Kindly tell me which IDE would be better to start,links related to c++
apps,where ,how it is utilized effectively...

(my english wont be proper im learning that too:))...

I'm sorry to see that one of the first responses you've seen in this
newsgroup was from "Antoninus Twink". He's a troll, and my advice is
to ignore anything he posts. Check his posting history if you'd like
to verify this.

In any case, you're certainly welcome to post here if you want to
discuss C. Discussions of C++ are appropriate in comp.lang.c++ or
comp.lang.c++.moderated. ("Antoninus Twink" apparently doesn't want
you to know that.)

Willem

Pietro Cerutti wrote:
) santosh wrote:
)<snip>
)> I use Vim,
)>
)> <http://www.vim.org/>
)>
)> but I don't think you'd call it an IDE.
)<snip>
)
) I would :)

What's the 'I' part of vim as an IDE then ? ;-)

SaSW, Willem
drugged or something..
#EOT

CBFalconer

Willem said:
What's the 'I' part of vim as an IDE then ? ;-)

First there was vi. Then there was vi improved, abbreviated vim.
vi is not, and never has been, an IDE. vi stands for 'visual
editor'.

Willem

Andrew Poelstra wrote:
)> What's the 'I' part of vim as an IDE then ? ;-)
)
) Editor.

I meant the 'I' in IDE as pertaining to vim. Not the 'I' in vim.
Sorry.

SaSW, Willem
drugged or something..
#EOT

Andrew Poelstra

Andrew Poelstra wrote:
)> What's the 'I' part of vim as an IDE then ? ;-)
)
) Editor.

I meant the 'I' in IDE as pertaining to vim. Not the 'I' in vim.
Sorry.

I was trying to make a joke about vim being an 'Editor Development
Environment', but I guess it didn't come out that way ;).

/OT.

Flash Gordon

Andrew Poelstra wrote, On 15/08/08 14:12:
I was trying to make a joke about vim being an 'Editor Development
Environment', but I guess it didn't come out that way ;).

/OT.

To take is seriously (rather than as the joke you intended), the ability
to run "make" from within vim with the output being displayed within Vim
is at least one part of it and there is more.

Antoninus Twink

To take is seriously (rather than as the joke you intended), the ability
to run "make" from within vim with the output being displayed within Vim
is at least one part of it and there is more.

Vim is perfectly capable of doing this. It's had a "quickfix window" for
handling compiler errors for well over 10 years.