Newb in ruby

spike31589

Hello I am new to ruby and am having trouble installing the program i
have even tried the one click install version on my mac 10.4.10 and i
keep getting the error message
ERROR: While executing gem ... (Gem::GemNotFoundException)
Could not find rails (> 0) in any repository

If anyone knows of a solution to this problem or how to install ruby
in one step it would be greatly appreciated

Jeremy Woertink

spike31589 said:
Hello I am new to ruby and am having trouble installing the program i
have even tried the one click install version on my mac 10.4.10 and i
keep getting the error message
ERROR: While executing gem ... (Gem::GemNotFoundException)
Could not find rails (> 0) in any repository

If anyone knows of a solution to this problem or how to install ruby
in one step it would be greatly appreciated

There is probably a problem with the one-click installer. Since it wants
to install rails and all that stuff. I would say just do it with the
ports.

http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/downloads/

% port install ruby

~Jeremy

Daniel Waite

spike31589 said:
Hello I am new to ruby and am having trouble installing the program i
have even tried the one click install version on my mac 10.4.10 and i
keep getting the error message
ERROR: While executing gem ... (Gem::GemNotFoundException)
Could not find rails (> 0) in any repository

If anyone knows of a solution to this problem or how to install ruby
in one step it would be greatly appreciated

I suggest following Hive Logic's guide to installing Rails on OS X.

It's work for me in the past and it's very thorough.

http://hivelogic.com/narrative/articles/ruby-rails-mongrel-mysql-osx

Phrogz

none of these worked are there any other options

I find that hard to believe. Can you provide a Terminal log showing
you working through the hivelogic instructions for building Ruby on
your own?