Newbee question Mobile software

brandon

Andrew Thompson said:
"multi-posting not supported..."

See the answer you already got on the other group.
(..and please refrain from multi-posting)

Ok, this does it.

*ploink*

Andrew Thompson

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 14:34:36 -0700, fm wrote:

(multi-posting)
but no answer in other ng...

That is not surprising, after the passage
of less than 15 minutes.

When you make a post you need to wait at
least a day or two before you consider
posting the same to another group.

On the occasions you *do* repost a
question in a different group, it pays
to forewarn people with the short
note at the top..
"Previously posted on ..., reposting because ..."
and I X posted ..

No. Cross-posting ('X post') is different to
multi-posting, and less problematic. On the
rare occasions that a post needs to go to
several different groups, you should
cross-post, rather than multi-post.
..only once !

That's why I asked you not to do so, only once*.

OTOH, if you continue to waste the time and effort
of those who might help you, I will repeat it
each time you post, on every multi-posted message
you make.

As people tend not to help those who multi-post,
your requests for help on *every* group will begin
to fall on deaf ears.

* Note that I might also have mentioned your
multi-posting on the other post you made, but
decided that I should leave one thread without
any suggestion of multi-posting so that you
might have a better chance of getting an answer.

Do not expect that concession in future.

--
Andrew Thompson

fm

Hello
I am newbee, thanks for your help.
I installed JBuilder X Enterprise...
Made the tutorial for the Hello world Midiet, all works fine on my PC.
Installed the Mime Type on IIS 2000 server
Transfered the JAR & JAD on my website and made a push test to my Nokia 3200
Connecting thru GPRS, informations received, tryed to install.....and then,
my Nokia answer : "software not supported"....
Any suggestions ?
Thanks for your help
david

Darryl L. Pierce

Andrew said:
Did you mean 'plonk', perhaps? ;-)

That's the sound it makes in a relatively empty killfile. As it fills up,
and the echo dies down, it makes more of a plOnk rather than a plOInk. :)

--
/**
* @author Darryl L. Pierce <[email protected]>

Andrew Thompson

That's the sound it makes in a relatively empty killfile. As it fills up,
and the echo dies down, it makes more of a plOnk rather than a plOInk. :)

Well that is more impressive.

Not only am I in his kill-file, but I
am one of the *few* who reached that
'hallowed' stage.

( ..and now I can say pretty much anything
I like about him ..with no comeback! )

--
Andrew Thompson