newbie: avoiding dataset

androger

Hi,

I'm a newbier, I'd like to know if there is a way to
return a query from a web service without using
the "dataset". What would the function definition look
like in C#? And secondly. I'd like to have a web service
to load data in my data base by taking as argument
records, not using "dataset", and what would the function
definition for this service look like? Thank you.