Newbie: click on image

Jobu

Hello,

When i click on an image, i would like it to appear again, but bigger in an
other cell of my table.
Or should i work with frames?

Can someone help me please? I'm using Dreamweaver ...

Jobu

David Dorward

Jobu said:
When i click on an image, i would like it to appear again, but bigger in
an other cell of my table.

Stop abusing tables: http://www.allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?Tableless_layouts

This is how to achieve that effect, source code is available:
http://butterflies.bruciesusenetshit.info/
Or should i work with frames?
No!

Can someone help me please? I'm using Dreamweaver ...

The tool you generate your HTML with shouldn't matter (so long as you know
what the code you are generating does and why)

Jobu

Thanks for trying helping me out ...

i checked the code, and i think i understand what it's doing ... but you
need to use css sheets to put the images like in a table ... and as a
newbie, i'm not to familiar with that ... :-(

so isn't there really a very easy way to create that effect? like the swap
image effect?

Michael Wilcox

Jobu said:
When i click on an image, i would like it to appear again, but bigger in an
other cell of my table.
Or should i work with frames?

Can someone help me please? I'm using Dreamweaver ...

I found three things wrong with this post: (1) Tables for layout, (2)
Use of frames suggested, and (3) Dreamweaver.

Jobu, I would suggest a method similar to:
http://butterflies.bruciesusenetshit.info/
http://balls.bruciesusenetshit.info/

Also, please read:
http://www.allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?Tableless_layouts
http://www.htmlhelp.com/faq/html/all.html#frame-problems

Jobu

Ok, I think that i will drop the use of tables or frames and try to help me
out with the scripts that you suggest ...
but as in my other reply, can you tell me how you make the layout of the
images if you don't use tables???
I don't see that in the scripts?

thanks anyway,

Jobu

Jobu

Thank you Michael and David,

i checked the css sheets also, and i think i understand what i have to do

i thought there would be a much easier way to create this effect, but it
appears that i will have to use my brain ;o)

thanks guys,

Jobu

Richard

Jobu said:
When i click on an image, i would like it to appear again, but bigger in
an other cell of my table.
Or should i work with frames?
Can someone help me please? I'm using Dreamweaver ...

Fairly easily done. Search the web for image swapping techniques.
What you would be doing is, having a starting image in the large cell, then
when the thumbnail is clicked on, the starting image is simply replaced with
that image.

As an example, you have image1.jpg with a name of "start" as the base image.
In the thumbnail cell you have thumb1.jpg.

Your code might look like this:
onclick="document.start='thumb1.jpg' "
onmouseout="document.start='image1.jpg' "

Read up on how image swapping works before you decide which method to use.

informant

Richard said:
Fairly easily done. Search the web for image swapping techniques.
What you would be doing is, having a starting image in the large cell, then
when the thumbnail is clicked on, the starting image is simply replaced with
that image.

As an example, you have image1.jpg with a name of "start" as the base image.
In the thumbnail cell you have thumb1.jpg.

Your code might look like this:
onclick="document.start='thumb1.jpg' "
onmouseout="document.start='image1.jpg' "

Read up on how image swapping works before you decide which method to use.

Ignoring any Bullis method would be a wise choice.
4:30 AM and still posting, St00pid? I guess that new trucking job was just
another lie.

From: "Richard" <[email protected]>
Newsgroups: alt.html
Subject: Re: Newbie: click on image