newbie: how to set a breakpoint

Jivanmukta

Hello,
I have a page index.php and a file functions.js. The page index.php
conatins:
        <script type="text/javascript" src="include/functions.js">
I need to set breakpoint in some function from functions.js (the function is
called onclick in index.php) and I need to run index.php to the breakpoint.
Because I use Firefoxa (inpod Linuxem), I installed Web Developer and
Firebug. Now I enter:
        http://localhost/~robert/rozgloszenia/index.php
and I open Firebug window looking at contents of functions.js file (which I
can see after clicking "plus" sign at "script" tag). I can find there my
functions. Following Firebug documentation, I click line number where I
want to set breakpoint but nothing happends. I also tried to double-click
or right-click the line number but nothing happends.
I need you help - how to set a breakpoint and run page to the breakpoint.
Thanks in advance.

David Karr

[...]

Note that there is a group specific to Firebug, at <http://
groups.google.com/group/firebug/topics>.

Jorge

[...]

Enable fireBug for local files, then click to the left of the line
number, on the script's listing in the scripts tab (not in html's tab,
not in the script's listing that appears in html's tab), *and* reload
the page.