Newbie: Problems with a CPAN installation

Francesco Moi

Hello.

I'm trying to install 'LWP:Simple' module on my Linux machine.

# perl -MCPAN -e shell
cpan> install LWP:Simple
Going to read /root/.cpan/sources/modules/03modlist.data.gz
Warning: Cannot install LWP:Simple, don't know what it is.
Try the command
i /LWP:Simple/
to find objects with similar identifiers.

I don't have any idea about this error. Any suggestion?

On the other hand, I would like to install this module manually
(by using tar.gz, make, make install ...), but I don't find
the sources of 'LWP:Simple' (lwp-simple.tar.gz or something
similar).

I would be extremely obliged of anybody could help me. Thank you
very much.

Olof Karlberg

On 25 Jul 2003 01:52:03 -0700
Hello.

I'm trying to install 'LWP:Simple' module on my Linux machine.

# perl -MCPAN -e shell
cpan> install LWP:Simple
Going to read /root/.cpan/sources/modules/03modlist.data.gz
Warning: Cannot install LWP:Simple, don't know what it is.
Try the command
i /LWP:Simple/
to find objects with similar identifiers.

I don't have any idea about this error. Any suggestion?

Try with "install LWP::Simple" instead. That should be with two colons,
not one.

Olof

Jim Britain

Hello.

I'm trying to install 'LWP:Simple' module on my Linux machine.

# perl -MCPAN -e shell
cpan> install LWP:Simple
Going to read /root/.cpan/sources/modules/03modlist.data.gz
Warning: Cannot install LWP:Simple, don't know what it is.
Try the command
i /LWP:Simple/
to find objects with similar identifiers.

I don't have any idea about this error. Any suggestion?

A couple things.

1. Between a module name and it's components, there's two colons, not
one as you used above.

2. Google is your friend.

http://www.google.com/search?q=LWP+Simple

And it would have caught the small mistake that became a roadblock.