Newbie question - creating a deployment package for html

Frank Bradshaw

Hi - I'm trying to deploy an website onto a pocket pc using the ASP.NET
Mobile Controls. Is there a simple way of doing this? All I want to do is
allow a user to download a deployment package that wil send the folder
containing the website to their pda. I have managed to create a deployment
exe that will install it on my desktop, but the Browse button upon
installing will not allow you to look outside of My computer, ie browse to
the pda device. Therefore I have been looking at the Mobile Controls, but
all I have found it has added to the VB Project List is Mobile 'Web
Application' and dotnet is asking me for a http:// address for storing the
project etc which is not what I want to do. I just want to use the similar
idea as the Setup Wizard except for deployment to the PPC.

any ideas or help would be great!

thank you!

frank

Baccarin

Hello Frank,

I can be wrong, but you can’t do this. ASP.NET and ASP.NET Mobile Controls
need to run in a Win2K/WinXP machine, and they need IIS correctly installed
too. You can’t to install/deploy these kinds of applications directly in
mobile devices. And more: they need to be always connected to the server to
run (they can’t run ‘off-line’). Off-line apps need to be developed using
other MS technologies, like .NET Compact Framework.

Regards,

Baccarin.