    and I want to now display this table as an Excel file. How can this be done?
    Thanks!

    Kevin

    Guest, Sep 7, 2003

  2. CGI ... Postgres ... Excel ...

    Do you have a Perl question?

    Gunnar Hjalmarsson, Sep 7, 2003

    Amir Kadic Guest

    An old excel format (still recognized by newer versions)
    uses newlines to separate rows and tabs to separate columns.

    Thus, you may want to write something like:

    print join ("\t", @attributes),"\n";

    to display a row.

    HTH
    Amir

    Amir Kadic, Sep 8, 2003

    Cyde Weys Guest

    Maybe he wanted to do it with Perl (That's the unspoken assumption I
    garnered from his post, anyway).

    Cyde Weys, Sep 8, 2003

    Guest Guest

    I want to do it in Perl.

    Guest, Sep 8, 2003
  6. Really? :) The reason why I pretended not to 'understand' is that
    OP's "How can this be done?" doesn't indicate that he had made any own
    attempt to find a solution. Such as a simple search for 'Excel' at
    search.cpan.org...

    Maybe that's just me, but I think it's reasonable to expect some own
    effort before asking for help here.

    Gunnar Hjalmarsson, Sep 8, 2003

    Trent Curry Guest

    Well, he is posting this in a Perl group, so one could assume he meant in
    Perl. As for weather or not he did any prior homework, well I think its a
    bit inconclusive.
    How do we know this isn't his last desperate attempt? This doesn't seem like
    something trivial and while Excel itself may be off topic, there could be
    something in Perl that can be of some relation, say creating a tab delimited
    file that can be easily made into an Excel spread sheet. But that would not
    make it directly related, and may not be what the OP is looking for.

    Trent Curry, Sep 8, 2003
  8. There sure is. If he had made just a little effort to look for it (see
    above), he would have found it. And if the difficulties had been about
    how to make use of an adequate module, he would at least have
    mentioned it.

    "Last" attempt? Don't think so.

    Gunnar Hjalmarsson, Sep 8, 2003

    Trent Curry Guest

    My mistake. Running a quick query @ search.cpan.org yields a sizable list of
    results ;p
    I stand corrected.
    No arg there. I completely over looked the reference cpan in your post. I
    was sort of assuming he had been there and didn't think anything of it.
    Thanks for correcting that :)

    Trent Curry, Sep 8, 2003