nntplib retrieve news://FULL_URL

James.Pells

So I have established a connection to an nntp server and I am
retrieving articles to other articles on the server such as
news://newsclip.ap.org/[email protected]

Now I am wondering how I query for that article based off of the url?

I assume D8L4MFAG0 is an id of some sort but when I try and retrieve
that article via myNntpObject.article('D8L4MFAG0') I get an error of
423 Bad article number. Which makes sense as all the other article
numbers are integers.

D8L4MFAG0 actually looks like a doc-id value for an NITF article
stored on the NNTP server which I am retrieving content off of.

Anyone have any ideas on how I fetch this content?

Jimmy

David

So I have established a connection to an nntp server and I am
retrieving articles to other articles on the server such as
news://newsclip.ap.org/[email protected]

Now I am wondering how I query for that article based off of the url?

I assume D8L4MFAG0 is an id of some sort but when I try and retrieve
that article via myNntpObject.article('D8L4MFAG0') I get an error of
423 Bad article number. Which makes sense as all the other article
numbers are integers.

D8L4MFAG0 actually looks like a doc-id value for an NITF article
stored on the NNTP server which I am retrieving content off of.

Anyone have any ideas on how I fetch this content?

Have a look at the 'Message-ID' header of articles on the server. They
usually start and end with "<" and end with ">".

An example from comp.lang.python:

<[email protected]>

You probably got the "423 Bad article number" error because there
wasn't a "<" and ">" in your message ID, so it tried to parse it as an
article number instead.

I couldn't check your example because newsclip.ap.org requires a login.

David.