Nokia + Eclipse: creating JAR files from eclipse

John Goche

Hello,

I am developing J2ME applications and testing them on Nokia devices.
So I have installed Eclipse 3.1.1 from eclipse.org, then Nokia
Developer's Suite (NDS) v3.0.1 from Nokia, and added on
several emulators from Nokia.

When I launch Eclipse, it finds an Eclipse NDS plugin which
was installed as an option when I installed NDS, so that all
of the NDS windows are available from the Eclipse menu
as Tools -> Nokia Developer's Suite for J2ME(TM).

I am having the following two minor problems with this setup:

1. The class files are being generated from eclipse when I select
Project -? Build All. However, the Eclipse Package Explorer
does not show me the bin folder and its contents with all the
class files. How can I have it show these files?

2. In order to create the JAR and JAD files for the midlet I have to
go to Tools -> Nokia Developer's Suite for J2ME(TM) -> New
Application Package... and click on the generate button. Is
it possible to automate this step from Eclipse as part of the
build process when I select Prokect -> Build all? Right now
when I select Build All from the Eclipse IDE all the generated
classes appear under the "Classes" tab in the "Create
Application Package" window but the JAR and JAD
files are not automatically updated
when I select Build ALL. How can
I have JAR and JAD files automatically regenerated
upon rebuilding from the Eclipse Project menu?

Thanks,

JG

IchBin

John said:
[...]

I could be wrong but not sure if you can automate those two steps.
Normally you have to right click on A project or package and select
export. I am running Eclipse 3.2M4. Maybe your plugin can use a
Build.xml file.

Best bet is to look at Nokia Developer's Suite for J2ME(TM) docs for
this feature or at their website.

Thanks in Advance...
IchBin, Pocono Lake, Pa, USA

-William E. Taylor, Regular Guy (1952-)

Darryl L. Pierce

John said:
2. In order to create the JAR and JAD files for the midlet I have to
go to Tools -> Nokia Developer's Suite for J2ME(TM) -> New
Application Package... and click on the generate button. Is
it possible to automate this step from Eclipse as part of the
build process when I select Prokect -> Build all?

Install Sun's Wireless Toolkit and EclipseME. Then convert your project
to a MIDlet Suite project. Then you can select a single menu option to
generate the deployable JAR file (and include obfuscation as well) and a
JAD file.