Noob has trouble with io/wait on Windows

Larry Edelstein

I'm trying to use the "io/wait" library (using "require 'io/wait'") but
the interpreter won't load it.

I'm a dang newbie and I've just installed the 1.8.2 one-click package on
Windows. Do I need to do something special to enable this
package? The error I get is like so:

D:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:18:in
`require__': No such file to load -- io/wait (LoadError)
from D:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:18:in
`require'
from D:/repository/projects/.eclipse/STOMPing grounds/test_stomp.rb:1

Larry Edelstein
Revere Data
(e-mail address removed)

Dave Burt

Larry Edelstein asked...
I'm trying to use the "io/wait" library (using "require 'io/wait'") but
the interpreter won't load it.

I'm a dang newbie and I've just installed the 1.8.2 one-click package on
Windows. Do I need to do something special to enable this
package? The error I get is like so:

D:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:18:in
`require__': No such file to load -- io/wait (LoadError)

io/wait is one of the POSIX-based functions (along with fork, etc.) that
doesn't work on Windows (yet).

The win32utils library win32-process available from RubyForge provides a
replacement:
http://rubyforge.org/projects/win32utils/

Cheers,
Dave