notify when a process exits

Ryan

Is there anyway in python to get a notification when a process exits?
To be completely clear, I am looking for a notification solution,
similar to pyinotify, not a polling one (I know I can poll a process
using os.kill(pid, 0)).

BTW, pyinotify will not work on /proc/pid as a solution. I have
already tried. /proc/pid is not a real directory (in the strictest
sense of the word). So, pyinotify can not watch it.

Ryan

Ad