Novice Form Question

RamRod

I am a novice at JSP / HTML and have a Forms releated question. I am
really looking for sample code I can leverage to help understand how
to address non-trivial form layouts.

I undestand the how to build a -simple- form with a few input fields
and process this with JSP - Struts interaction. Unfortunately, I am
weak in HTML / JavaScript and I need to understand and build a more
complicated form.

Basically my form must look something like this:

User Name: _________________ Baggage Type ____________

Add Button | Remove Button Add Button | Remove Button
---------------------------- -------------------------
| Tom | | SomeBagType 1 |
| Dick | | SomeBagType 2 |
| Harry | | SomeBagType 3 |
| Jane | | SomeBagType 4 |
| | | |
---------------------------- -------------------------

Submit Button Cancel Button

Note that there are 6 buttons on the form. The Add / Remove buttons
are intended to allow the user to Add or Remove -User name's- or
-Baggage Type's- before the form is submitted.

I am not sure how to handle this. My guess is that Javascript might
work ( I do Java but not JavaScript :-( ) but I am open to suggestions
and most importantly EXAMPLES of how this might be implemented.
This code will part of a JSP-Struts project.

Thanks.

kaeli

ramrod1460 said:
I am a novice at JSP / HTML and have a Forms releated question. I am
really looking for sample code I can leverage to help understand how
to address non-trivial form layouts.

This particular question has nothing at all to do with java.
Ask over in comp.lang.javascript on how to build dynamic forms with
javascript and ask over in comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html on how to
lay out the form nicely (you can use either CSS or tables).
It greatly helps if you know what browsers you have to support - i.e. if
this is an intranet application where you know all your users have IE5+,
say so. Building dynamic forms for the internet where you have to
support all browsers, is much, much harder if you want them to work in
non-javascript browsers and degrade nicely in old browsers like NN4 and
Opera 4. Oh, and don't tell anyone you don't care about old browsers.
Guaranteed flaming will ensue. ;)