ntaccaunt.translate and AD

Darko Bazulj

Hi,

problem:

when I create user or group I want to set permissions on OU for that user or
group.
But I'm getting error if I don't put some sleep 20-30 sec.

Like user or group doesn't exist and I can't do translate.
Like there is some problem with replication of data and I need to bind to DC
on which I created user or group and do translate.
But I don't know how.

Can someone help or suggest something??

ERROR :

Some or all identity references could not be translated. -- at
System.Security.Principal.NTAccount.Translate(IdentityReferenceCollection
sourceAccounts, Type targetType, Boolean forceSuccess) at
System.Security.Principal.NTAccount.Translate(Type targetType) at
serviceprovisioning.ActiveDirectory.NTaccountToSID(String strNTaccountName,
String strADDomain) in C:\Users\darko\Documents\Visual Studio
2008\Projects\serviceprovisioning\serviceprovisioning\functions\ActiveDirectory.vb:line
237

CODE :

Function NTaccountToSID(ByVal strNTaccountName As String, ByVal strADDomain
As String) As SecurityIdentifier

Dim identity As New NTAccount(strADDomain, strNTaccountName)

line 237 --> Dim SID As SecurityIdentifier =
DirectCast(identity.Translate(GetType(SecurityIdentifier)),
SecurityIdentifier)

Return SID

End Function

Darko Bazulj

Hi,

problem solved.

Now I can bind to DC on which I created user/group and set permissions on OU
without errors.

Here is the code, maybe help someone.

Function GetADObjectSID(ByVal strObjectDNname As String)

Dim DirEntry As DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry = New
DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry(strObjectDNname)
Dim objSid() As Byte = CType(DirEntry.Properties("objectSid").Value,
Byte())
Dim SID As New System.Security.Principal.SecurityIdentifier(objSid,
0)

Return SID

End Function