The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed

Namshub

Hi, I'm using Visual Studio 2005 and I'm currently working at home, this
line of code works perfectly well online
If Not (HttpContext.Current.User.IsInRole(SecurityGroup)) Then

But when run disconnected from the network I get the error below. Is this
correct? Is there a different line to determine if i'm in a group which uses
cached credentials????

Regards

Ric

System.SystemException was unhandled by user code
Message="The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary
domain failed.
"
Source="mscorlib"
StackTrace:
at
System.Security.Principal.NTAccount.TranslateToSids(IdentityReferenceCollection
sourceAccounts, Boolean& someFailed)
at
System.Security.Principal.NTAccount.Translate(IdentityReferenceCollection
sourceAccounts, Type targetType, Boolean& someFailed)
at
System.Security.Principal.NTAccount.Translate(IdentityReferenceCollection
sourceAccounts, Type targetType, Boolean forceSuccess)
at System.Security.Principal.WindowsPrincipal.IsInRole(String role)
at DieteticViewer.Global.Application_AuthenticateRequest(Object
sender, EventArgs e) in
c:\inetpub\wwwroot\DieteticViewer\App_Code\Global.asax.vb:line 55
at
System.Web.HttpApplication.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step,
Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Joe Kaplan \(MVP - ADSI\)

This is probably because the LSA doesn't have the group name cached, so when
it goes to look it up, it has to ask the domain controller and can't since
you aren't online. I don't think you have much of an option if you are
using Windows authentication though.

You might consider switching to forms authentication for testing purposes
and then use Windows auth for staging and production. I do that frequently.
You can make forms auth do whatever you want, so it is pretty flexible.

Joe K.