vs2005: domain trust relationship problem

Guest

Hi guys

I've got the following error on a project which is running locally on a
vs2005 machine (built in webserver), trying to connect to my win2k3 server
active directory.

the error is...

System.SystemException: The trust relationship between this workstation and
the primary domain failed.

How can I fix this? Also, my app is supposed to use integrated windows
authentication - how do I set this up on the vs2005 webserver thingy?!

Cheers

Dan

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Dan,

From the error message, this seems a domain trust issue, is your webserver
hosting the asp.net web application in the domain other than the domain
you're going to access and retrieve info from? If so, are the two domain
establishing trust relation between each other? When accessing cross
domain's info such as performing windows authentication cross domain ,
there need trust relation between two domains .... You can try checking
this to see whether it is the case...

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

--------------------
| From: "=?Utf-8?B?bXVzb3NkZXY=?=" <[email protected]>
| Subject: vs2005: domain trust relationship problem
| Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 14:10:02 -0800
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
|
| Hi guys
|
| I've got the following error on a project which is running locally on a
| vs2005 machine (built in webserver), trying to connect to my win2k3
server
| active directory.
|
| the error is...
|
| System.SystemException: The trust relationship between this workstation
and
| the primary domain failed.
|
| How can I fix this? Also, my app is supposed to use integrated windows
| authentication - how do I set this up on the vs2005 webserver thingy?!
|
| Cheers
|

| Dan

Guest

Hi Steven

Thanks for the reply....

I've actually got round this problem now by using managing to get UNC based
development working, so I don't need to do this now.

However, I'm only using one domain - the one that AD is set up with on my
Win2k3 server, one of the reasons I couldn't understand why I was getting the
error. Can you shed any light on why this didn't work? Be useful to know for
future reference :)

Cheers

Dan

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

It's hard to say Dan,

Can you reproduce behavior through some other security permission related
operations? e.g impersonate the client user and access some certain
resources on server which is granted access to only specific domain users?

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

--------------------
| From: "=?Utf-8?B?bXVzb3NkZXY=?=" <[email protected]>
| Subject: RE: vs2005: domain trust relationship problem
| Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 02:56:03 -0800
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
|
| Hi Steven
|
| Thanks for the reply....
|
| I've actually got round this problem now by using managing to get UNC
based
| development working, so I don't need to do this now.
|
| However, I'm only using one domain - the one that AD is set up with on my
| Win2k3 server, one of the reasons I couldn't understand why I was getting
the
| error. Can you shed any light on why this didn't work? Be useful to know
for
| future reference :)
|
| Cheers
|

| Dan
|
| "Steven Cheng[MSFT]" wrote:
|
| > Hi Dan,
| >
| > From the error message, this seems a domain trust issue, is your
webserver
| > hosting the asp.net web application in the domain other than the domain

| > you're going to access and retrieve info from? If so, are the two
domain
| > establishing trust relation between each other? When accessing cross
| > domain's info such as performing windows authentication cross domain ,
| > there need trust relation between two domains .... You can try checking
| > this to see whether it is the case...
| >
| > Regards,
| >
| > Steven Cheng
| > Microsoft Online Support

| > rights.)
| >

| > --------------------
| > | From: "=?Utf-8?B?bXVzb3NkZXY=?=" <[email protected]>
| > | Subject: vs2005: domain trust relationship problem
| > | Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 14:10:02 -0800
| > | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
| > | vs2005 machine (built in webserver), trying to connect to my win2k3
| > server
| > | active directory.
| > |
| > | the error is...
| > |
| > | System.SystemException: The trust relationship between this
workstation
| > and
| > | the primary domain failed.
| > |
| > | How can I fix this? Also, my app is supposed to use integrated
windows
| > | authentication - how do I set this up on the vs2005 webserver thingy?!
| > |
| > | Cheers
| > |
| > |