NullReferenceException

mdavis

Hello,
I have a problem in my code that generates an error with no line
numbers. I know the type of problem that can cause this exception, but
can you think of what could cause it to not return specifically where
in the code the error occurs?

Error:
System.Web.HttpUnhandledException: Exception of type
'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. --->
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance
of an object.
at Assessment_MockRun.LoadQuestion()
at Assessment_MockRun.btnSubmit_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String
eventArgument)
at
eventArgument)
at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler
sourceControl, String eventArgument)
at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection
postData)

Thanks in advance,
Max

mdavis

It's an intermittent bug so I could step through the code many times
and not recreate the error - believe me, I've tried it :p

Why don't you set a breakpoint at Assessment_MockRun.LoadQuestion() and step
through all the lines?

--
Eliyahu Goldin,
Software Developer