NUnit tests gets Gateway Timeout yet I can view .asmx files via browser?

fishball79

Hi all,

I'm encountering a weird problem. I am attempting to run NUnit tests
on web services (developed on .net framework 1.1) hosted on a seperate
machine on the intranet.

I can access the .asmx files via HTTP with my web browser, yet I get
gateway timeouts when I run NUnit tests.

I have disabled the firewall, added the server ip to be bypassed by
proxy, set disabled use of proxy in machine.config. These were some
suggetions i on problems encountered in .net framework 1.0 but i tried
them anyway.

I also cannot add the web references in vs.net, having the need to
hardcode the url into the web reference.

The tests work on another machine, a win2k os when using the same cable
point/ip. I'm also assured i can access the web services machine
completely yet this happens.

Anyone has any idea what sort of problems im going through? Would
greatly appreciate any help given, thanks.