Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Guest

I have downloaded and installed Net Framework 1.1 yet again.
I removed Web Matrix from my computer, downloaded it again and installed it
again.
When I open the program, the first page, as it is opening, says Net
Framework 2.
When I run a little program with an error in it, the compiler says
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET
Version:2.0.50727.210
?????

It means you have .NET 2.0 installed and configured for the web site.

What's the problem?

dancer

I had created a file using ASP.net 2.0. It ran against (or with) Framework
2.0 on my computer. It compiled and ran fine.
I transferred it to my hosting server and got errors.
I then found out that my hosting server supports only Framework 1.1 and
ASP.net 1.1.
Juan Libre recommended that I download WebMatrix Project, which runs with
1.1 to see where my code needed to be changed to be compatible wth my
hosting server.
BUT it keeps saying 2.0, so how can I make changes for 1.1?

Juan T. Llibre

re:
!> Juan Libre recommended that I download WebMatrix Project, which runs with
!> 1.1 to see where my code needed to be changed to be compatible wth my hosting server.
!> BUT it keeps saying 2.0, so how can I make changes for 1.1?

Do you have the .Net Framework 1.1 installed in your home computer ?
( whereever you are doing the development work... )

If not, you need to install it.

If the .Net Framework 1.1 isn't installed, download it from :
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...e3-f589-4842-8157-034d1e7cf3a3&DisplayLang=en

....and install it ( 23MB download ).

As soon as you install it, download the .Net Framework Service Pack 1 :
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...4F-088E-40B2-BBDB-A83353618B38&displaylang=en

....and install *that*.

After you've installed them both you should see an ASP.NET tab
in the IIS Manager, when you right-click your application.

Click the tab...and change the ASP.NET version to 1.1.4322.

Your problems will be on the way to being solved at that point.

You may still have object problems, but you can code your way
around them by reading the error messages and changing the code.