Object Reference not set to an instance of an object

Joined
May 16, 2011
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi All,

I have a problem with a .net website I am creating, it is written in C#.

The error occurs on one of the forms, I can edit the form and click the update button when I first go to the page and everything works fine, but if I visit the page and wait for about 2 -5 minutes and then try editing the form and clicking the update button I ge this error;

/******************Error Starts Here******************/

Server Error in '/' Application.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

Line 80: protected void imgUpdateDetails_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
Line 81: {
Line 82: SessionManager.CurrentBusinessClubMember.BCMListingDetails.BusinessClubMemberID = SessionManager.CurrentBusinessClubMember.ID;
Line 83: SessionManager.CurrentBusinessClubMember.BCMListingDetails.Address1 = editaddressline1.Value;
Line 84: SessionManager.CurrentBusinessClubMember.BCMListingDetails.Address2 = editaddressline2.Value;

Source File: d:\Sites\demelzabusinessclub.co.uk\public_html\Website\ListingDetails.aspx.cs Line: 82

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
DemelzaBusinessClubSite_ListingDetails.imgUpdateDetails_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in d:\Sites\demelzabusinessclub.co.uk\public_html\Website\ListingDetails.aspx.cs:82
System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.OnClick(EventArgs e) +111
System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +79
System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +10
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +175
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1565

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.5444; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.5420

It looks to be something wrong with the session ID and I thought it could be something to do with timeout issues but im not sure, please could someone help.

Kind Regards
Luke