onchange AND onblur AND onkeypress

Mark

Sorry for the double post, but I got no responses from the first
group...

I have a sample page. See link.

http://comptrex.com/star/startest.htm

It has a select box that contains a list of countries. It also has a
div that contains the same list of countries, with a checkbox next to
them. The user can check the checkbox next to the country, then
submit to some processing page. However, if this list gets too long,
they won't want to scroll throught the entire list, so I made the
select box above. The user can find the country they want in the
select box, and the onchange event will check the country in the list
below.

So far everything is good.

Now, If the list is really long, the user will need to scroll through
the list box to find the country, so I added code that will allow the
user to type in part of the name, and it will find them in the list
box. This works well.

The problem is, I can't get the two functions to work together. If
the user searches for a country by typing in the select box, clicking
on the country, or the return, selects the country in the list box,
but won't fire the onchange event. I had to add a link to select it.
I don't want to do this.

Long story short, can anyone figure out how to get the onchange event
to fire after a user has entered in some characters to search for?

I appreciate any help.

- Mark