onclick action

Regena

I have a web page displaying some recordsin a table. I have to sort the
records depending the record number, record date etc.,I have to provide
the functionality to show the records in increasing and decreasing
order also. for this I have a small image1 showing descening order.
when I click the image1 it should do two actions:
1.change the image1 to the image2(for increasing order)
2.put the records in the decreasing order

In the same way when I click the image2 it should do two actions:
1.change the image2 to the image1(for decreasing order)
2.put the records in the increasing order.

how do I do that.
I am using href for the image and java script.

can some one help me pls.

thanks,